Sunday, February 24, 2013

First Outdoor Run in a LONG Time

There's nothing like a long run and a hot shower to make me feel better about myself.  I was feeling pretty awful about myself and my life this afternoon so I decided to go for a run.  The temps were in the 40s so I figured, why not.

I ran 7 miles in 1:06:14 for an average page of 9:27 per mile.  I was proud of myself that I ran that fast saying that I haven't been doing anything running wise since after my last half marathon in November.  I would have gone faster had there not been areas of sidewalk with snow on them!  I have no idea why those areas weren't cleaned up, but whatever.

And... I fell in love with running again.  I loved feeling the cool breeze on my face, hearing the sound of my feet hitting the sidewalk and taking my tour of all the huge houses in the subdivision that I like to run through.  I also like seeing all the cars pass by since I'm sure some of those people are amazed that someone would be running in the cold.

Hopefully my dad, my brother and I will be able to run the marathon this year!  I have until the 28th to wait and see what the marathon's game plan is for registration.  There are only 15,000 spots left so we shall see what happens.  If not, I'm sure I will put some races on my calendar so I can have something to look forward to once the weather warms up.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about running in the cold being awesome! Hope you are able to get in the marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete! I am anxiously waiting for the decision which will happen on Tuesday! I just want to know so I can plan accordingly and of course, run more if I do get in! Hope your running is going well! Any big races coming up?

    ReplyDelete