Tuesday, February 19, 2013

To Chicago or not to Chicago?

So, here's my dilemma: 

I've pretty much been bitten by the lazy bug post marathon (see previous posts).  I'm pretty much unmotivated to do anything save for my 30-45 min cardio workouts at the gym where my mileage pretty much doesn't break a mere 4 miles.  Yep, you all read that right.  I've been sucking BIG TIME with regards to running.

There is no real good excuse or reason for it either.  It's not like I'm hurt - though I am most positive that my ITB never healed fully (due to my laziness in doing the exercises) and will most likely bite my butt like it did last year.

To be completely honest, I think I'm falling out of love with running and I don't know what to do to get myself back on board with it.  It's not that I don't enjoy running - I do enjoy it.  I think I just needed some serious time away after working my butt off to actually finish last year's full.

So this year, my 66 year old Dad is gung-ho about running a marathon and getting it off his bucket list.  He's been a runner for years now and is now finally up to to the challenge.  He ran some halfs last year to get ready for the big one.  So, I'm going to sign him up as soon as I get home tonight.  Though, I'm debating on signing him up now since I've seen posts with people having issues with registering.  Plus, I think I'd just rather run the damn thing again then try to walk around the city trying to spot him.

But, as of right now, the verdict is still out on whether I can or want to even run it again. 

Last week, I was like, "Yeah, I'm going to do it."  I mean, the physical benefits will be great.  I'll be running at least 3-4 times a week.  I enjoyed my running group and made some good friends over the summer.  I will need a buddy to run it with this year since there is no way in hell I'm running it by myself.  My dad and I don't run at the same pace and he's more of a solo runner anyway.

Plus, if my boyfriend does propose (which I'm pretty sure will happen this year), running a marathon will certainly give me a fitness plan that I have to follow.  I obviously can't look fat at my wedding (which won't even be for a year or two from when he proposes anyway).

So yeah, I think I will give myself until about 6:30 before I make the decision.  I don't think it will sell out from then until now.  I wish the damn website would have a tracker as to how many people have signed up so I can figure out if I should sign up sooner.

Arrggh!  I'm not sure if I'm ready to have my weekends spent running hours upon hours.  I'm not sure if I can take the pain of that damn course once more.  But, eh, I've got that stupid time goal hanging over my head and in a sense, I'm a bit of a masochist - I mean, heck, I've worked in retail (by choice no less), I've run it once before and I work for lawyers!  That's kind of masochistic, right?

Any suggestions, comments, motivation to help me make my decision are more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment