Saturday, October 12, 2013

Tomorrow tomorrow

The nerves going into tomorrow are high and will only get higher once I get into the city tomorrow morning.  I'm worried that I didn't train enough for this race.  I'm still struggling with the motivational issues I wrote about in my last post.  Thankfully, my monthly gift came Friday.  I'll still have to deal with it tomorrow, but it won't be as bad.

My training post the 20 miler hasn't gone over as well as I'd like mainly since I ran less than I should have.  But, that's been par for the course for this training season so I'm not too worried about it.  It's not like I can really do much about it now.  I'm going to show up tomorrow and run as best as I can.  The goals are: 1) to finish; 2) to beat my old time and 3) to PR.  

I ran 3 miles Monday and Wednesday and a shake out 2 this afternoon.  All the runs went over well and were pain-free.  I had my second to last PT session Friday and I did a lot of hip exercises and ab work.  My PT worked on my IT bands as well.

So yeah... not much I can do about it now... so I should probably pick out my race day outfit, pack my bag and get to bed.

Best of luck to anyone running Chicago tomorrow!  You will rock it!

4 comments:

  1. You will rock it too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I did! Hope your race went well and can't wait to read the recap!

      Delete
  2. So excited to hear how you did! Hope you had a great race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my latest post! I had a great race! :)

      Delete